ConDev’s Student Media Grants Award 2019 (USD$ 5,000) for Students Worldwide.-See Application Guide Welcome to Stevo Portal
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2019
ConDev’s Student Media Grants award up to $5,000 to current students interested in capturing conflict-related issues facing fragile and conflict-affected areas of Latin America through stunning photography. This photojournalism grant is funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation Chair on Conflict and Development.
The program is OPEN TO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WORLDWIDE (undergraduate,
graduate or PhD) wishing to conduct photojournalism projects in Latin America. Proposals for other areas of the world will not be considered.
Students should submit proposals that will describe their expected
travel, research and photographic subjects. They should choose an
international development area that reflects issues of food insecurity,
health, education, land tenure, poverty, or other issues facing people
in fragile and conflict-affected nations in Latin America.
During their experience, students will be required to accomplish the following:
- Show three-month engagement (minimum) with international development
issues through extension activities, internships, student research,
- Write a series of blog postings for the ConDev Blog during their experience and a final report or blog
- Document their chosen subjects through photo and/or video journalism that draws attention to conflict and development issues
- Publish or exhibit the results of their work in a form of refereed media
- No more than four (8.5”×11”) pages (not including cover page)
- 12 point, Times New Roman font
- 1″ margins; please submit as a Microsoft Word document
Students should submit proposals that describe their anticipated
travel, subjects, and plans for photostory production, refinement and
promotion as specifically as possible.
Proposals must include the following components:
- Cover Sheet
- Thematic Focus (1/2 page)
- Statement of Motivation (1/2 page)
- Media Experience (1/2 page)
- Timeline (1/2 page)
- Narrative of Planned Activities (1 page)
- Plan for Submission of Work and Plan for Promotion (1/2 page)
- Budget (1/2 page)
- September 2019: APPLICATION OPENS! You can start e-mailing your finished proposals to [email protected]
- October 31, 2019 by 11:59pm CST: Application deadline
- November-December 2019: Review Period – please be patient as we review your incredible proposals!
- January 2020: Notification Period (approximate)
- February 2020 (Depending on proposal timeline): Funding Disbursement (approximate)
- February-December 2020: Grant winners travel and implement their photojournalism projects
University students (undergraduate and graduate) from around the
world are encouraged to apply, but projects must be conducted in Latin
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ConDev’s Student Media Grants Award 2019
for our Latest News Click Here
feel at Home you are on Stevo Portal
Kindly Join 20,000+ Subscribers who are Receiving Free Information Daily
Note: please Pay no Attention to any call pretending to call from this website requesting money for jobs Offer. We don't need any money.
Sharing is Caring don't forget your Loves Ones, keep them Inform by Sharing this Post via sharing Buttons below