Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship 2020 for mid-career Journalist to study at the University of Michighan-USA (Fully Funded)-See Application Guide Welcome to Stevo Portal
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
A Knight-Wallace Fellowship recognizes accomplished journalists who are eager for growth and deeply committed to the future of journalism. We offer a unique opportunity: an academic year of study and collaborative learning at the University of Michigan to deepen knowledge, develop new ideas, learn new skills and address challenges facing the journalism industry.
Each year we select up to 20 Fellows from all facets of journalism
who are ready to take the next career step and join us for this
- Eight-month program of immersive study away from daily deadlines.
- Individual study plans designed to develop topical depth, practical skills and broader perspectives.
- Specialized resources and faculty at the University of Michigan to guide research.
- Private seminars with newsroom innovators and world-renowned experts for candid, off-the-record conversations.
- Workshops to sharpen your writing, technical skills and leadership ability.
- International travel to bring context to the political, economic and social forces shaping news coverage.
- $75,000 stipend – distributed monthly from August through April for living expenses. All tuition and course fees are paid for by the fellowship. All fellowship trips – domestic and international – are covered. If the Fellow’s employer does not contribute to insurance coverage, health insurance is provided.
- Spouses and partners are invited to partake in fellowship activities and can audit university courses as well.
Qualified applicants must have a
minimum of five years of experience and be currently working in some
aspect of journalism for a news organization or as an independent
journalist. We are looking for a diverse range of journalists including
reporters, editors, data experts, visual journalists, audio producers,
engagement specialists, designers, developers, entrepreneurs and
organizational change agents.
If you are not a full-time
journalist, the majority of your work should be in journalism. We do not
consider full-time academics, public relations writers, internal trade
writers, lobbyists, public advocates, or those seeking a degree.
Choosing the Right Application
U.S. applicants – If
you are a U.S. citizen, apply as a U.S. applicant even if you work in
another country or for a non – U.S. journalism entity.
– If you are a not a U.S. citizen, apply as an international applicant
even if you work in the United States or for an American journalism
entity. A Green Card is not the same as citizenship.
If you hold dual passports from the U.S. and another country, please email [email protected] with details of your citizenships and name of your news organization and we will answer your questions.
- December 1, 2019 International application deadline
- Mid-January, 2020 International Phase Two invitations extended
- Late-January, 2020 Interviews for international finalists
- February 1, 2020 U.S. application deadline
- February 7, 2020 U.S. reference letter deadline
- Mid-March, 2020 U.S. applicant finalists notified
- April 3 & 4, 2020 Interviews at Wallace House for U.S. finalists
- Late April/Early May Fellowship offers extended
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship 2020
for our Latest News Click Here
feel at Home you are on Stevo Portal
Kindly Join 20,000+ Subscribers who are Receiving Free Information Daily
Note: please Pay no Attention to any call pretending to call from this website requesting money for jobs Offer. We don't need any money.
Sharing is Caring don't forget your Loves Ones, keep them Inform by Sharing this Post via sharing Buttons below