Welcome to Stevo’s Portal-don’t Miss this Opportunity YouthLACIGF 2020 for Young People from Latin America and the Caribbean
Deadline: June 7, 2020
The Call for applications for YouthLACIGF 2020 is finally open! Submit your session proposal for the virtual edition of the program. The YouthLACIGF is an annual event organized by the Youth Observatory (Youth Special Interest Group from Internet Society), a non-profit, international civil society organization, made up of young people from all over the world.
Given the Covid-19 crisis and following all recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and other regional organizations, the 5th YouthLACIGF, which was going to take place in Santiago (Chile), is now going to happen remotely, as a video call conference. The event will take place online, on August 1-2, Chile Time Zone.
They are committed to ensuring the importance of addressing the Covid-19 crisis on their agenda. Given that, the Youth Observatory has elected four thematic areas for this year’s YouthLACIGF:
- Online education and access to the Internet. Digital Literacy matters!
- Misinformation, problems with social media
- COVID 19 related to privacy and cybersecurity in LAC region
- Online democracies: a new model of democracies after the pandemic?
The YouthLACIGF is an initiative born from the growing community of Latin American youth interested in issues related to the Internet. Given the active role that the youth have started taking, this new space is created with multi-sectoral characteristics, as a forum for debate of new ideas and perspectives to encourage the creation of lines of discussion that will be taken to other forums.
- Open to young people from the Latin America and the Caribbean region.
- Applicants must have among 18 to 30 years old by the time of the application
- Applications in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese are accepted.
If you are a young person from the LAC region, submit your session proposal under the 4 thematic areas chosen for this virtual event by filling the form below.
- You can choose no more than 4 speakers at your session proposal. Speakers can be youth and non-youth from different stakeholders. They strongly encourage sessions in different languages. The accepted languages are English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Submitting a proposal is free of charge, and all applicants are aware that no payment will be involved to run a session in our event;
- Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old at the moment of application and reside in a Latin American and the Caribbean country;
- Applicants must be sure that they will have an available broadband connection to the Internet on the days of the event;
- All proposals should be created considering remote dynamics and participation of attendees (further details are provided in specific questions of the form);
- Additional information regarding the platform that will be used in the event will be provided in advance;
- The 5th YouthLACIGF Committee will be in charge of selecting the best proposals to take part in our official agenda. They will ensure that diversity of gender, countries, areas of expertise from applicants and diversity of thematics from proposals will be taken into consideration when evaluating proposals.
- Deadline to submit your applications: June 7, 11pm UTC
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit YouthLACIGF.